Focus for May: Fitness Testing and Benchmarks!
If you’ve been at the gym for over 6 months, you are familiar with some of our Benchmark workouts. For those who are new, we have a series of workouts and fitness test that we use to track our progress over time at 5280 CrossFit. These tests combine simple gymnastics, weightlifting and metabolic conditioning all with different time domains and combinations. We test these workouts every 4-6 months… and we’re getting ready to test them again!
Below is the schedule for May. Plan you workouts accordingly and your best to be at the gym on testing days! This is great data to record. Treat these classes just like any other class. Show up, do your best and have fun!
- Wednesday May 3rd – “FMS”
- Friday May 5th – 1 Rep Max Clean and Jerk and 1 Mile for time
- Tuesday May 9th – “The Fast and the Furious”
- Thursday May 11th – 5 km row for time
- Thursday May 18th – Max Pushups and 1 Rep Max Back Squat
- Saturday May 20th – “Outcast”
- Monday May 22nd – “Chewbacca”
- Friday May 26th – Max Pull-ups and “Jerk Snatcher”
- Wednesday May 31st – “Pain Optional”